Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Are You Depriving Your Child...Homeschooling?


Personally I have heard this argument before and I always thought YES! Homeschooling does not enable children to socialize with other children, lack of exercise, you know the run of the mill arguments typically found or stated by those who have NEVER done it or researched it. If you would have told me a long time ago I would be homeschooling I would have said, "NO WAY!" My oldest son asked me to home school after feeling continuously bored. Honestly he was well ahead of his class. He would take tests as if it were a race to see how fast he could finish. By the age of three my son was reading because I took time to teach him; his teachers took advantage of this fact and asked him to help other students during test time.

I was home with our newborn when my oldest asked me to home school. I did not think I would be "qualified" but I realized I taught him from the beginning. Schools have so many students your child just falls into a seat and NEVER really gets a chance to shine. One curriculum for all children NO WAY! ALL children do not learn the same! My children are very sociable. They interact with other children frequently. You want them in sports put them in sports! There are homeschooling groups that have teams, some work in conjunction with other schools or organizations.

Really research. You will be surprised...there are a great many assets to home schooling. The biggest one is that the bond between you and your child will get stronger and they will KNOW you really love and appreciate them because you have taken TIME and made the sacrifice.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. I'm a homeschool mom, and I got to say that we've all been in the boat of wondering if we are capable to do it. The socialization thing...the whole nine yards. It's wonderful to hear mom's speak about it:)
    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keren,
    Thanks for following Our Fruitful Vine. I added your blogs to the followers blogroll. Let me know if there are any changes or additions to be made.

    May your day be bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Legends wife for your comment. We ARE able to do it, it proves how bad you want your children to be successful and what we will do to ensure they receive ALL that they need to be well rounded as well as well educated

    ReplyDelete